Chapel offers lessons in life
BISCUITS, bird-feeders, brain-teasers and bible songs were all features of a holiday bible club at The Ark Baptist Chapel in Dunmow. Organiser Heidi Knight, said: We all had a great time. We sung songs where the children had learnt the actions and spelt
BISCUITS, bird-feeders, brain-teasers and bible songs were all features of a holiday bible club at The Ark Baptist Chapel in Dunmow.
Organiser Heidi Knight, said: "We all had a great time. We sung songs where the children had learnt the actions and spelt words with cards, iced biscuits, made bird feeders out of pine cones, and had competitions and quizzes where the children won prizes."
Many of the games and activities were on a Bible theme and encouraged the children to use creative skills, team work, and their memory of bible stories.
The holiday club has been running for four years and Mrs Knight says they have been becoming increasingly popular. This year was fully booked thanks to a small notice in the Broadcast.
Thirty-five children aged between four and 11 years of age attended.
The chapel in Angel Lane runs an after-school club called Crossroads where children can go until their parents can collect them.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 5 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 9 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
It also holds a Bible Explorers Club at 2.30pm on Sunday afternoon.
Anyone wanting to join either of the courses can call Mrs Knight on 01371 878018.