Chapel offers lessons in life
BISCUITS, bird-feeders, brain-teasers and bible songs were all features of a holiday bible club at The Ark Baptist Chapel in Dunmow. Organiser Heidi Knight, said: We all had a great time. We sung songs where the children had learnt the actions and spelt
BISCUITS, bird-feeders, brain-teasers and bible songs were all features of a holiday bible club at The Ark Baptist Chapel in Dunmow.
Organiser Heidi Knight, said: "We all had a great time. We sung songs where the children had learnt the actions and spelt words with cards, iced biscuits, made bird feeders out of pine cones, and had competitions and quizzes where the children won prizes."
Many of the games and activities were on a Bible theme and encouraged the children to use creative skills, team work, and their memory of bible stories.
The holiday club has been running for four years and Mrs Knight says they have been becoming increasingly popular. This year was fully booked thanks to a small notice in the Broadcast.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty-five children aged between four and 11 years of age attended.
The chapel in Angel Lane runs an after-school club called Crossroads where children can go until their parents can collect them.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
It also holds a Bible Explorers Club at 2.30pm on Sunday afternoon.
Anyone wanting to join either of the courses can call Mrs Knight on 01371 878018.