Changing roles for school staff
WREN S Pre-school held a teddy bears picnic on their last day of term to say goodbye to the children who were leaving and to celebrate the change of ownership. Previous owner, Lesley Wright who successfully ran the Dunmow pre-school for 12 years, decided
WREN'S Pre-school held a teddy bears picnic on their last day of term to say goodbye to the children who were leaving and to celebrate the change of ownership.
Previous owner, Lesley Wright who successfully ran the Dunmow pre-school for 12 years, decided it was time to hand over the role to her deputy supervisor of almost 15 years, Sally George.
The good news however, is that Mrs Wright is not leaving, simply handing over her role in exchange for Mrs George's deputy supervisor role.
The pair, who are friends as well as colleagues at the Quaker Meeting House, New Street, currently have 30 children on their books.
You may also want to watch:
New owner of Wren's Pre-school Mrs George said: "Mrs Wright was ready to cut down her responsibilities and paperwork but didn't want to give up work as she loves working with the children so much."
The rest of the staff will continue to work for Mrs George.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Mrs George added: "I'm really looking forward to the start of my new role. The teddy bears picnic was a nice way to mark the end of term and change over with a lovely social occasion."
Staff took the opportunity to present Mrs Wright with wine and flowers as a thank you for treating them so well.
Wren's Pre-school is Ofsted registered and operates from Monday to Friday 9.30am to noon during term time and take children from the age of two-and-a-half.
There are still a few places remaining for the new term in September. For more information or to secure a place for your child, call Sally George on 01245 267969 or 07739 629548.