Chance for Essex volunteer organisations to grab a grand
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce. The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life. Manager of Volunte
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce.
The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life.
Manager of Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, Stephanie Adams, said: "Volunteers are a fundamental part of our community as many of our community services would not be delivered without them.
"This is a great opportunity for volunteers and community organisations to be formally recognised and rewarded for all their fabulous work."
You may also want to watch:
Winning groups need to demonstrate that they use good practice in providing encouragement, support, training and supervision to volunteers.
The grant scheme is part of the High Sheriffs' Award, which was established in 1993 to reward communities.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
All applications must be received by the December 1 when a panel of judges will assess the applications.
For further information and application forms please contact Volunteer Centre Uttlesford on 01799 513626 or visit www.volunteercentreuttlesford.org.uk