Chance for Essex volunteer organisations to grab a grand
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce. The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life. Manager of Volunte
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce.
The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life.
Manager of Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, Stephanie Adams, said: "Volunteers are a fundamental part of our community as many of our community services would not be delivered without them.
"This is a great opportunity for volunteers and community organisations to be formally recognised and rewarded for all their fabulous work."
You may also want to watch:
Winning groups need to demonstrate that they use good practice in providing encouragement, support, training and supervision to volunteers.
The grant scheme is part of the High Sheriffs' Award, which was established in 1993 to reward communities.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
All applications must be received by the December 1 when a panel of judges will assess the applications.
For further information and application forms please contact Volunteer Centre Uttlesford on 01799 513626 or visit www.volunteercentreuttlesford.org.uk