Challenge for China trekkers
A TEAM from breast cancer charity Together in West Essex are looking for someone to join them for a challenging walk along the Great Wall of China. The place became available when one of the 16-strong team had to drop out at short notice. Fund-raiser Kare
A TEAM from breast cancer charity Together in West Essex are looking for someone to join them for a challenging walk along the Great Wall of China.
The place became available when one of the 16-strong team had to drop out at short notice.
Fund-raiser Karen Thompson said: "We are doing the walk to raise money for units in Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, and St Margaret's Hospital, Epping."
The trip is scheduled for May 13 and anyone wishing to take the vacant place needs to raise £3000 to take part.
You may also want to watch:
"If someone wants to take the place straight away they can phone me up," said Mrs Thompson. "However, if there are no takers, we will be offering it at our fund-raising three course meal and auction that we are holding at the Radisson SAS hotel at Stansted Airport on February 3.
"I know it may be a bit of a short notice but this is the opportunity of a lifetime and there are people who may already have this money and would like to join us.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
"And you can be sure the money will be going to a cause that will have a positive effect on the lives of countless people".
Tickets for this event cost £49 per head and prizes up for grabs include a fully inclusive holiday for four to Spain including £350 spending money, signed CDs from Kylie Minogue and Bruce Springsteen, and tickets to this year's flower show.
Over the past six years, mother-of-two, Mrs Thompson from Tilty, has raised more than £120,000. Previous fund-raising trips include a trek up Kilimanjaro last year when the team raised £150,000.
Husband, Tim, said Mrs Thompson started raising money for breast cancer charities after one of her close friends, Simone White, was diagnosed with the illness. Simone is now one of the fund-raising team.
For more information call Karen Thompson on 07771 880066.