CCTV released in connection with Dunmow bank robbery
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image has been released by detectives investigating a bank robbery in Great Dunmow.
A man went into the TSB bank in High Street, Dunmow, where he threatened staff and made off with a quantity of cash on Thursday, February 2.
No one was injured in the robbery, which took place at around 2.45pm.
The man is described as being around 6ft tall, of large build and was wearing a mask.
He wore a light grey hooded top with tassles and a white zip, blue jeans, black shoes and black leather gloves.
You may also want to watch:
He was also carrying a white carrier bag.
The incident prompted a large police response in the town, with the force helicopter also called in.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
If anyone recognises the man in the picture, or has any other information about the incident, contact Det con Gemma White at Braintree police station on 101.
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.