CCTV appeal after fraudsters target two Great Dunmow businesses
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV appeal has been launched after two Great Dunmow businesses were targeted in fraud incidents.
Police want to speak to the two men pictured in connection with the crimes.
The first incident took place at Little Monsters House of Fun in Braintree Road, shortly after 2pm on Wednesday, August 23.
Two men approached staff and asked to change a £50.
They confused a member of staff by changing their minds, and saying they gave different notes.
You may also want to watch:
They left with £198.
At 4.30pm the same day two men – believed to be the same suspects – went to the Co-Op supermarket in Hallett Road, and again asked to change a £50 note.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
They left, also with £198, after confusing staff.
Anyone with information about the incidents, or who recognised the men pictured, is asked to contact Pc Braden at Essex Police on 101, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.