CCTV appeal after fraudsters target two Great Dunmow businesses
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV appeal has been launched after two Great Dunmow businesses were targeted in fraud incidents.
Police want to speak to the two men pictured in connection with the crimes.
The first incident took place at Little Monsters House of Fun in Braintree Road, shortly after 2pm on Wednesday, August 23.
Two men approached staff and asked to change a £50.
They confused a member of staff by changing their minds, and saying they gave different notes.
You may also want to watch:
They left with £198.
At 4.30pm the same day two men – believed to be the same suspects – went to the Co-Op supermarket in Hallett Road, and again asked to change a £50 note.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 5 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 6 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
They left, also with £198, after confusing staff.
Anyone with information about the incidents, or who recognised the men pictured, is asked to contact Pc Braden at Essex Police on 101, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.