CCTV appeal after fraudsters target two Great Dunmow businesses
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV appeal has been launched after two Great Dunmow businesses were targeted in fraud incidents.
Police want to speak to the two men pictured in connection with the crimes.
The first incident took place at Little Monsters House of Fun in Braintree Road, shortly after 2pm on Wednesday, August 23.
Two men approached staff and asked to change a £50.
They confused a member of staff by changing their minds, and saying they gave different notes.
You may also want to watch:
They left with £198.
At 4.30pm the same day two men – believed to be the same suspects – went to the Co-Op supermarket in Hallett Road, and again asked to change a £50 note.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
They left, also with £198, after confusing staff.
Anyone with information about the incidents, or who recognised the men pictured, is asked to contact Pc Braden at Essex Police on 101, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.