Caterers are top of the class
CATERING staff at Dunmow St Mary s Primary School found themselves at the top of the class after picking up an award last week. The UDC Silver Level Heartbeat award recognises excellence in healthy menus, high standards of kitchen hygiene, staff food safe
CATERING staff at Dunmow St Mary's Primary School found themselves at the top of the class after picking up an award last week.
The UDC Silver Level Heartbeat award recognises excellence in healthy menus, high standards of kitchen hygiene, staff food safety and hygiene training within the catering industry.
To mark the achievement, catering manager Nicola Sims and her team were presented with a certificate during assembly at the High Stile based school.
"We are delighted to receive this," said Mrs Sims. "It reflects the hard work all of my staff put in on a daily basis to produce healthy, balanced meals for the pupils and keep the kitchen and food areas in excellent, hygienic conditions."
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Lipscombe, UDC's health promotion officer, said "This is the fourth school to have achieved this award in our district, and several others are going through the assessment process.
"I am delighted so many school cooks are being recognised for their efforts."
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
The Heartbeat award is for any type of business that prepares and serves food. Anyone who is interested in learning more about it can contact Lisa Lipscombe on 01799 510624 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org