Cash boost for Thailand trip
TWO charitable organisations have stepped in with cash to help teenagers from Helena Romanes School complete an educational trip to Thailand.
The Dunmow Rotary Club and Dunmow Round Table have jointly paid out �500 for a coach journey to and from Heathrow Airport enabling the final piece of a travel puzzle to fall into place.
Student Jessica Moulsher is one of a group of 16 students and three adults travelling from the school on a World Challenge expedition in July. She wrote to the two clubs asking for help and was delighted to pick up the cheque last week.
Each student on the trip had already raised in excess of �3,000 to take part, but the final cash amount - �250 from the Round Table, matched by the Rotary Club, will ensure they have a return journey to board the plane.
The students will be in Asia for a month where they will spend some time trekking through the jungle as well as various other activities.
They will also spend part of the time in Laos doing a community project with a school involving painting classrooms, fitting windows and putting together desks.
On their return Jessica has promised to come back to Dunmow Rotary to give a talk on the trip and the challenge project in Laos.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 3 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 6 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 7 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
If you are interested in joining Dunmow rotary contact Peter Fox on 01371 874200.