Cash boost for Thailand trip
TWO charitable organisations have stepped in with cash to help teenagers from Helena Romanes School complete an educational trip to Thailand.
The Dunmow Rotary Club and Dunmow Round Table have jointly paid out �500 for a coach journey to and from Heathrow Airport enabling the final piece of a travel puzzle to fall into place.
Student Jessica Moulsher is one of a group of 16 students and three adults travelling from the school on a World Challenge expedition in July. She wrote to the two clubs asking for help and was delighted to pick up the cheque last week.
Each student on the trip had already raised in excess of �3,000 to take part, but the final cash amount - �250 from the Round Table, matched by the Rotary Club, will ensure they have a return journey to board the plane.
The students will be in Asia for a month where they will spend some time trekking through the jungle as well as various other activities.
You may also want to watch:
They will also spend part of the time in Laos doing a community project with a school involving painting classrooms, fitting windows and putting together desks.
On their return Jessica has promised to come back to Dunmow Rotary to give a talk on the trip and the challenge project in Laos.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
If you are interested in joining Dunmow rotary contact Peter Fox on 01371 874200.