Cash boost for Thailand trip
TWO charitable organisations have stepped in with cash to help teenagers from Helena Romanes School complete an educational trip to Thailand.
The Dunmow Rotary Club and Dunmow Round Table have jointly paid out �500 for a coach journey to and from Heathrow Airport enabling the final piece of a travel puzzle to fall into place.
Student Jessica Moulsher is one of a group of 16 students and three adults travelling from the school on a World Challenge expedition in July. She wrote to the two clubs asking for help and was delighted to pick up the cheque last week.
Each student on the trip had already raised in excess of �3,000 to take part, but the final cash amount - �250 from the Round Table, matched by the Rotary Club, will ensure they have a return journey to board the plane.
The students will be in Asia for a month where they will spend some time trekking through the jungle as well as various other activities.
They will also spend part of the time in Laos doing a community project with a school involving painting classrooms, fitting windows and putting together desks.
On their return Jessica has promised to come back to Dunmow Rotary to give a talk on the trip and the challenge project in Laos.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 'I'm proud of how far I've come' - Dunmow mum shares her weight loss experience
- 10 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
If you are interested in joining Dunmow rotary contact Peter Fox on 01371 874200.