Cash boost for life-changing trip
HELENA Romanes A-level student Rebecca Fowell has received a cash boost ahead of a life-changing journey. As part of the Fulcrum Challenge, Rebecca will travel to India for a 15-day trip to support building projects in some of the poorest communities. She
HELENA Romanes A-level student Rebecca Fowell has received a cash boost ahead of a life-changing journey.
As part of the Fulcrum Challenge, Rebecca will travel to India for a 15-day trip to support building projects in some of the poorest communities.
She needs to raise £3100, of which £1550 had been met by the Jack Petchey Foundation, before May 31 this year.
Dunmow Round Table have donated £550 towards the trip, which members believe is one of the most worthwhile projects they have heard of.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Albon from Dunmow Round Table said: "This girl is trying to achieve what could be a life-changing venture and should be supported so we all agreed, without any hesitation, to support this cause."
After her own hard work, including a £200 sponsored silence, Rebecca said the grant would enable her to complete a Certificate of Personal
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
Effectiveness level three, which is equivalent to an A* at AS level and accepted by UCAS as 70 points.
Rebecca will leave for India on August 3 and on her return on August 18 she will give a talk to Dunmow Round Table.