Carnival float and princesses success for Dunmow
DUNMOW Carnival float and its court have shown their ‘royal’ class by winning a prestigious award.
The party – carnival queen Sophie Thorneycroft, 15, and princesses Jessica Howard, 12 and Felicity Ford, 11 – attended the Hoddesdon Carnival of Light on Friday.
After the procession and a presentation later that night as part of a Christmas ball at Bishop College in Cheshunt, the girls were awarded first place in the princesses class. They also came second in the float presentation class.
Chairman of the Dunmow Carnival procession committee Keith Wheatcroft said: “A lot of hard work went into achieving these awards, so well done to all concerned.
“The court visits around eight or nine carnivals across Essex in the carnival season and there is some stiff competition, so we are very proud of the achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a nice outcome for all the efforts put in by the committee, the girls and their parents.”
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone