Carnival float and princesses success for Dunmow
DUNMOW Carnival float and its court have shown their ‘royal’ class by winning a prestigious award.
The party – carnival queen Sophie Thorneycroft, 15, and princesses Jessica Howard, 12 and Felicity Ford, 11 – attended the Hoddesdon Carnival of Light on Friday.
After the procession and a presentation later that night as part of a Christmas ball at Bishop College in Cheshunt, the girls were awarded first place in the princesses class. They also came second in the float presentation class.
Chairman of the Dunmow Carnival procession committee Keith Wheatcroft said: “A lot of hard work went into achieving these awards, so well done to all concerned.
“The court visits around eight or nine carnivals across Essex in the carnival season and there is some stiff competition, so we are very proud of the achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a nice outcome for all the efforts put in by the committee, the girls and their parents.”
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks