Carnival float and princesses success for Dunmow
DUNMOW Carnival float and its court have shown their ‘royal’ class by winning a prestigious award.
The party – carnival queen Sophie Thorneycroft, 15, and princesses Jessica Howard, 12 and Felicity Ford, 11 – attended the Hoddesdon Carnival of Light on Friday.
After the procession and a presentation later that night as part of a Christmas ball at Bishop College in Cheshunt, the girls were awarded first place in the princesses class. They also came second in the float presentation class.
Chairman of the Dunmow Carnival procession committee Keith Wheatcroft said: “A lot of hard work went into achieving these awards, so well done to all concerned.
“The court visits around eight or nine carnivals across Essex in the carnival season and there is some stiff competition, so we are very proud of the achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a nice outcome for all the efforts put in by the committee, the girls and their parents.”
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success