Cancer care directory launched in Dunmow
A NEW cancer care directory has been launched in Great Dunmow to help support people whose lives are affected by cancer. Produced jointly by the West Essex Primary Care Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support, The Cancer and Palliative Care Directory is part o
A NEW cancer care directory has been launched in Great Dunmow to help support people whose lives are affected by cancer.
Produced jointly by the West Essex Primary Care Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support, The Cancer and Palliative Care Directory is part of a special push by the West Essex Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service to raise the profile of the service and recruit volunteers in the Uttlesford Area.
Joint Manager Sally Radford said: "We offer people affected by cancer access to good quality and comprehensive information and support. The launch is part of our drive to ensure that we support people as effectively as possible."
The directory contains a wealth of information about practical help and support, services and agencies, helplines, complementary therapies, counselling and other sources of support.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Radford explained that the service is provided by a team of health professionals supported by trained volunteers, who offer:
* support and information to anyone who has concerns about cancer, their relatives, friends and carers
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 10 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
* home visits to discuss how cancer is affecting a person's life and the help available with everyday tasks
* befriending and respite support
* details of other local and national support agencies and services
Launched on Tuesday (June 10) the directory will be available from The Addison Health Centre, Hamstel Road, Harlow, Essex, CM20 1DS or by calling 01279 698673 new volunteers are also very welcome.