Campaign lunch heralded a success
A FUND-raising Sunday lunch organised by the people of Little Easton raised £1200 for SSE s second runway fighting fund. Seventy-five people attended the meal last Sunday prepared and cooked by SSE member Shirley Holden and her team. Guest of honour was L
A FUND-raising Sunday lunch organised by the people of Little Easton raised £1200 for SSE's second runway fighting fund.
Seventy-five people attended the meal last Sunday prepared and cooked by SSE member Shirley Holden and her team.
Guest of honour was Lord Hanningfield, leader of Essex County Council and the Tory party's spokesman on transport in the House of Lords.
After eating, Lord Hanningfield, whose family has farmed in Hanningfield, Essex, for more than 400 years, spoke of the continued commitment by Essex County Council to oppose a second runway at Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
He referred to the success of the judicial reviews undertaken to challenge Stansted's expansion in 2002 and 2004 in parallel with SSE and the opportunities which lay ahead for working together.
Peter Sanders, SSE chairman, gave the vote of thanks saying: "The more support SSE gets, the better we can do.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
"We put up an enormously strong case at the recent public inquiry but are nevertheless faced with the prospect of another application very soon.