New butcher is given a warm village welcome
- Credit: Archant
A butcher has had a warm welcome, having returned to where his career started by opening his business in Great Bardfield.
Stuart Ray was trained by Danny Smith, the butcher who passed away last year, and has taken over Danny's former premises on Brook Street.
The building has housed a butcher's business for years. When Danny took over as DK Smith the previous business owner was his father Harold who traded as HG Smith.
Stuart and his wife Lisa's business is Brook Street Butchers.
Stuart said: "It has been fantastic, we've had lots of support.
"A lot of people are really pleased to find out this is where I trained when I was 16. It has come full circle.
You may also want to watch:
"I've also had positive feedback about the meat."
In addition, Stuart has a focus on sustainability. He's using seal fresh bags and biodegradable carrier bags.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 6 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 7 Moth night celebrates Dunmow's autumn biodiversity
- 8 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 9 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
Brook Street Butchers is open Tuesday to Sunday.