Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- Credit: Roger Wolfendale
A Great Dunmow man got a surprise in his Tesco finest pack of four granola squares.
Roger Wolfendale found a metal object in one last night (Wednesday). On closer examination it turned out to be a gold filling. The filling is about 1cm across.
He has raised the issue with Tesco and the Dunmow store's bakery manager today said they will investigate.
Roger said: "I googled how much a gold filling is worth - it's about £50. It's perhaps about 130 granola bars!"
He added: "I feel sorry for the person who lost their gold filling."
You may also want to watch:
He said the store told him the bars are not made in the store.
We have contacted Tesco for comment.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change