Great Easton pub sells at auction
- Credit: Clive Emson Auctioneers
The Swan at Great Easton has sold at auction for £378,000, after a bidding war.
It was among 107 lots in an online-only auction held by Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers and was offered jointly with UK Auction List.
Auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: “We understand that the new owner has bought this characterful village pub as a going concern with the majority of the contents remaining in situ and will continue to serve the community.
“We considered this wonderful pub, regularly listed in the prestigious CAMRA Good Beer Guide, had a huge amount of potential.”
Sitting on a 0.14-hectare (0.35-acre) plot including a car park, and dating from the 15th century, The Swan retains a wealth of original features including a heavily oak-beamed lounge bar and large inglenook fireplace.
You may also want to watch:
The two-bar pub has a restaurant, beer garden and four en suite letting rooms.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 3 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 New High Sheriff of Essex is appointed
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail