Great Easton pub sells at auction
- Credit: Clive Emson Auctioneers
The Swan at Great Easton has sold at auction for £378,000, after a bidding war.
It was among 107 lots in an online-only auction held by Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers and was offered jointly with UK Auction List.
Auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: “We understand that the new owner has bought this characterful village pub as a going concern with the majority of the contents remaining in situ and will continue to serve the community.
“We considered this wonderful pub, regularly listed in the prestigious CAMRA Good Beer Guide, had a huge amount of potential.”
Sitting on a 0.14-hectare (0.35-acre) plot including a car park, and dating from the 15th century, The Swan retains a wealth of original features including a heavily oak-beamed lounge bar and large inglenook fireplace.
You may also want to watch:
The two-bar pub has a restaurant, beer garden and four en suite letting rooms.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 3 U-turn joy: Campaigners delighted as threat of sudden closure disappears
- 4 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 5 Yellow weather warning as thunder and rain forecast
- 6 New interim chief executive for district council
- 7 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 8 The Dunmow Broadcast on June 17, 2021: This week's paper
- 9 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 10 District council seeks High Court challenge on Stansted expansion