Gold medal for garden transformation
- Credit: County Garden Management
Horticulturalists in Great Bardfield have received a gold medal in recognition of their work.
County Garden Management's project called The Windmill received the accolade from the Association of Professional Landscapers Awards 2021, within the category ‘Garden build value £175,00 - £250,000’.
The garden was transformed over five months from a large, open grassed space to a prairie garden with a contemporary twist, to encourage butterflies, bees and birds.
It has equal parts of soft landscaping, hard landscaping and lawn, and several seating areas.
They created oak pergolas and installed porcelain paving, a garden pod, and irrigated lawns.
You may also want to watch:
The company's director and founder Matthew Dawson said: "We’re all delighted to have won a gold medal, a fantastic reward for the entire team that have been involved in the process.
“Local companies provided fantastic support throughout the build process. Supply of materials was scarce during lockdown but our suppliers didn’t let us down.”
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 5 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
Founded in 2007, County Garden Management has a sister company Bardfield Garden Centre in Great Bardfield.
You can find out more at www.countygardenmanagement.co.uk