Gold medal for garden transformation
- Credit: County Garden Management
Horticulturalists in Great Bardfield have received a gold medal in recognition of their work.
County Garden Management's project called The Windmill received the accolade from the Association of Professional Landscapers Awards 2021, within the category ‘Garden build value £175,00 - £250,000’.
The garden was transformed over five months from a large, open grassed space to a prairie garden with a contemporary twist, to encourage butterflies, bees and birds.
It has equal parts of soft landscaping, hard landscaping and lawn, and several seating areas.
They created oak pergolas and installed porcelain paving, a garden pod, and irrigated lawns.
You may also want to watch:
The company's director and founder Matthew Dawson said: "We’re all delighted to have won a gold medal, a fantastic reward for the entire team that have been involved in the process.
“Local companies provided fantastic support throughout the build process. Supply of materials was scarce during lockdown but our suppliers didn’t let us down.”
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
Founded in 2007, County Garden Management has a sister company Bardfield Garden Centre in Great Bardfield.
You can find out more at www.countygardenmanagement.co.uk