Gold medal for garden transformation
- Credit: County Garden Management
Horticulturalists in Great Bardfield have received a gold medal in recognition of their work.
County Garden Management's project called The Windmill received the accolade from the Association of Professional Landscapers Awards 2021, within the category ‘Garden build value £175,00 - £250,000’.
The garden was transformed over five months from a large, open grassed space to a prairie garden with a contemporary twist, to encourage butterflies, bees and birds.
It has equal parts of soft landscaping, hard landscaping and lawn, and several seating areas.
They created oak pergolas and installed porcelain paving, a garden pod, and irrigated lawns.
The company's director and founder Matthew Dawson said: "We’re all delighted to have won a gold medal, a fantastic reward for the entire team that have been involved in the process.
“Local companies provided fantastic support throughout the build process. Supply of materials was scarce during lockdown but our suppliers didn’t let us down.”
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 7 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 8 School activities and sports in pictures
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 DJ Danny Rampling to headline at Dunmow music festival
Founded in 2007, County Garden Management has a sister company Bardfield Garden Centre in Great Bardfield.
You can find out more at www.countygardenmanagement.co.uk