Buffy Bus is damaged
AN ICONIC double-decker bus has been involved in an accident, putting it out of service, and its owners are now looking for a replacement. The Buffy Bus, which tours the district delivering education and fun to the under fives in some of the places most a
AN ICONIC double-decker bus has been involved in an accident, putting it out of service, and its owners are now looking for a replacement.
The Buffy Bus, which tours the district delivering education and fun to the under fives in some of the places most at need, was involved in a collision on Friday morning whilst travelling towards Hadstock for one of its regular stops.
Buffy Bus manager Rosie Juhl said: "We were involved in an accident but luckily neither Jan Cesswell or Kellie Porter, who were on the bus at the time, were injured, but the bus was damaged.
"It is now being repaired and we are hoping to hire a replacement vehicle until it returns to us.
You may also want to watch:
"We have tried to contact all of our regular bus users to let them know and we are sorry if we have missed anyone."
The accident caused structural damage to the front right side of the playbus, including the steering column which was pushed backwards.
- 1 Man fined for driving to Dunmow to exercise dog
- 2 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 3 Tributes are paid to much loved vet Stephen Flood
- 4 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 5 Eve creates cerebral palsy awareness stamps
- 6 Farm wins best Pick Your Own category in awards
- 7 Another award for Old Park Meadow
- 8 Two dogs stolen as Uttlesford dog owners voice concern
- 9 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 10 Co-op windows are smashed and cigarettes stolen
Mrs Juhl said: "The accident was caused when another car travelling in the opposite direction was being driven fast on a damp road."
Buffy Bus staff are fairly optimistic that they have found a temporary replacement bus and as soon as they have more news they will let users know via their website at www.buffybus.com
However this major disappointment will not stop the staff hosting the annual major Christmas Fundraising events, which will take place at Howe Hall Barn, Littlebury Green, Saffron Walden CB11 4XB on Friday November 14 at 3pm until 8pm and Saturday November 15 10am until 4pm.
For more details, please contact Rosie on 01799 522130.