Broomfield hospital gets wellbeing hub for staff
- Credit: Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Wellbeing Hubs have been created at Broomfield, Basildon and Southend Hospitals.
They give Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust staff a quiet and comfortable space to relax in during breaks from their Covid-19 work.
The newly developed spaces across all three hospitals have refreshments and information about support and counselling. They’re available to all hospital staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Estate staff turned the spaces into rest areas in only a few days, with fixtures and fittings donated by local companies or paid for by public donations.
In Mid Essex there are rest areas, a shower and a kitchen area for refreshments.
Lucy Thomas-Clayton, Director of Charities and Voluntary Services at Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We are incredibly grateful to all the individuals and companies who have contributed their time, talent or physical donations of money or goods to this amazing project for our staff.”
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden