British Legion’s 31st carol service
FELSTED s Church of the Holy Cross was full as people attended the Royal British Legion s 31st annual carol service on Sunday. The popular event is organised by C Group of the RBL and has traditionally attracted very important people and this year was no
FELSTED's Church of the Holy Cross was full as people attended the Royal British Legion's 31st annual carol service on Sunday.
The popular event is organised by C Group of the RBL and has traditionally attracted very important people and this year was no exception.
Among the faces in the crowd were Lord Petre, Lord Lieutenant of Essex; Lord and Lady Effingham; Mr CD Stewart-Smith, High Sheriff of Essex; Mr P Cleminson, national vice chairman of the RBL; Colonel Richard Shervington, county president of the RBL; and Bryan Emery, Essex county chairman of the RBL.
The occasion was made extra special by Lord Effingham who used to be the president of the RBL. He suffered a serious stroke last year and had made this his first outing since then.
You may also want to watch:
The service was led by the Rev Colin Taylor and included the singing of Christmas carols with the church choir adding their vocal talents to the service.
After the service people went over to the RBL Club opposite the church for refreshments.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The collection during the service raised £238, which will go towards various causes within the RBL such as a donation to retirement homes Redbond Lodge in Dunmow and Humfrey Lodge in Thaxted.