Bringing the world to their doorstep
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow will get a taste of the Big Apple this week as they set sail for New York. Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home have organised a virtual world cruise. They will bring in food, music and games fr
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow will get a taste of the Big Apple this week as they 'set sail' for New York.
Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home have organised a virtual world cruise. They will bring in food, music and games from different destinations to residents who are unable to go on a holiday.
Manager Patricia Vincent said: "This is a perfect way for us to see the world and we'd love anyone who may be struggling to get away on holiday this year to join us.
"Everyone deserves a holiday and with so many of our residents unable to travel anymore, we're doing the next best thing - dropping our anchor here and bringing all the different cultures and customs to the home"
You may also want to watch:
New York is their first stop, helping to mark American Independence Day, and residents will celebrate with American films, doughnuts, ice cream and hot dogs on Wednesday July 1.
More than 300 Bupa care homes throughout the UK are also participating in the virtual cruise.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
Once Dunmow residents have tasted the delights of pecan pie and waffles, their cruise will continue as they visit South America, Australia, Ireland and India throughout July, as other home are transformed into cruise ships.
Croft House Nursing and Residential Home's event takes place from 2 pm and anyone who would like to attend can call the home on 01371 872135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org