Bringing the world to their doorstep
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow will get a taste of the Big Apple this week as they set sail for New York. Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home have organised a virtual world cruise. They will bring in food, music and games fr
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow will get a taste of the Big Apple this week as they 'set sail' for New York.
Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home have organised a virtual world cruise. They will bring in food, music and games from different destinations to residents who are unable to go on a holiday.
Manager Patricia Vincent said: "This is a perfect way for us to see the world and we'd love anyone who may be struggling to get away on holiday this year to join us.
"Everyone deserves a holiday and with so many of our residents unable to travel anymore, we're doing the next best thing - dropping our anchor here and bringing all the different cultures and customs to the home"
New York is their first stop, helping to mark American Independence Day, and residents will celebrate with American films, doughnuts, ice cream and hot dogs on Wednesday July 1.
More than 300 Bupa care homes throughout the UK are also participating in the virtual cruise.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 3 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 6 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 7 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 10 Platinum Jubilee pictures from Great Dunmow and district
Once Dunmow residents have tasted the delights of pecan pie and waffles, their cruise will continue as they visit South America, Australia, Ireland and India throughout July, as other home are transformed into cruise ships.
Croft House Nursing and Residential Home's event takes place from 2 pm and anyone who would like to attend can call the home on 01371 872135 or email email@example.com