Bringing the world to their doorstep
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow will get a taste of the Big Apple this week as they set sail for New York. Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home have organised a virtual world cruise. They will bring in food, music and games fr
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow will get a taste of the Big Apple this week as they 'set sail' for New York.
Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home have organised a virtual world cruise. They will bring in food, music and games from different destinations to residents who are unable to go on a holiday.
Manager Patricia Vincent said: "This is a perfect way for us to see the world and we'd love anyone who may be struggling to get away on holiday this year to join us.
"Everyone deserves a holiday and with so many of our residents unable to travel anymore, we're doing the next best thing - dropping our anchor here and bringing all the different cultures and customs to the home"
You may also want to watch:
New York is their first stop, helping to mark American Independence Day, and residents will celebrate with American films, doughnuts, ice cream and hot dogs on Wednesday July 1.
More than 300 Bupa care homes throughout the UK are also participating in the virtual cruise.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
Once Dunmow residents have tasted the delights of pecan pie and waffles, their cruise will continue as they visit South America, Australia, Ireland and India throughout July, as other home are transformed into cruise ships.
Croft House Nursing and Residential Home's event takes place from 2 pm and anyone who would like to attend can call the home on 01371 872135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org