Finchingfield bridge will be closed for 11 days for repairs
- Credit: Archant
Finchingfield Bridge - a 200 year old bridge crossing the village pond on the B1053 - is to close for 11 days for essential repairs, starting at 5am on Thursday August 17.
The works to repair the parapets and reconstruct the northern parapet will be carried out between 7am and 6pm and are an interim measure, intended to preserve the bridge’s use.
Essex Highways will also investigate options for a new replacement structure. Their future intention is to replace the bridge with a similar one.
Diversions will be in place.
The current pedestrian route across the village pond footbridge will continue.
You may also want to watch:
An inter-connecting temporary shuttle bus service will replace the no 9 and 16 services. Timetable details are available on the Stephensons webpage.
Part of Bridge Street will be temporarily closed for the works compound next to the pond and village green from August 16 until the bridge is scheduled to reopen by the end of the day on Thursday August 27.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge