Finchingfield bridge will be closed for 11 days for repairs
- Credit: Archant
Finchingfield Bridge - a 200 year old bridge crossing the village pond on the B1053 - is to close for 11 days for essential repairs, starting at 5am on Thursday August 17.
The works to repair the parapets and reconstruct the northern parapet will be carried out between 7am and 6pm and are an interim measure, intended to preserve the bridge’s use.
Essex Highways will also investigate options for a new replacement structure. Their future intention is to replace the bridge with a similar one.
Diversions will be in place.
The current pedestrian route across the village pond footbridge will continue.
You may also want to watch:
An inter-connecting temporary shuttle bus service will replace the no 9 and 16 services. Timetable details are available on the Stephensons webpage.
Part of Bridge Street will be temporarily closed for the works compound next to the pond and village green from August 16 until the bridge is scheduled to reopen by the end of the day on Thursday August 27.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner