Finchingfield bridge will be closed for 11 days for repairs
- Credit: Archant
Finchingfield Bridge - a 200 year old bridge crossing the village pond on the B1053 - is to close for 11 days for essential repairs, starting at 5am on Thursday August 17.
The works to repair the parapets and reconstruct the northern parapet will be carried out between 7am and 6pm and are an interim measure, intended to preserve the bridge’s use.
Essex Highways will also investigate options for a new replacement structure. Their future intention is to replace the bridge with a similar one.
Diversions will be in place.
The current pedestrian route across the village pond footbridge will continue.
You may also want to watch:
An inter-connecting temporary shuttle bus service will replace the no 9 and 16 services. Timetable details are available on the Stephensons webpage.
Part of Bridge Street will be temporarily closed for the works compound next to the pond and village green from August 16 until the bridge is scheduled to reopen by the end of the day on Thursday August 27.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'