Braintree man charged with eight offences
A MAN has been charged with eight offences after being arrested in connection with a burglary and road collision in Braintree.
Police were called to a break-in at a plumber’s merchants at Broomhills Industrial Estate, around 9.45pm on Wednesday September 7.
A car made off from the scene and was later involved in a collision with another vehicle on the A120. Two men were arrested.
Mark Mower, 21, of Willows Green, Chelmsford, has been charged with four counts of burglary at commercial premises: two at Braintree and two at Witham, all on September 7.
He is also charged with dangerous driving, failing to stop for police, driving without insurance and breaching an anti-social behaviour order.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today, Friday, September 9.
A 22-year-old man from Boreham remains in police custody.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 10 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak