Braintree College to present hit musical, Fame
LEGWARMERS and spangle sweatbands should be at the ready as Braintree College present the high energy 1980s musical, Fame. The main college production of 2010 centres on the lives, loves, hopes and dreams of students at the New York Academy of Perf
LEGWARMERS and spangle sweatbands should be at the ready as Braintree College present the high energy 1980s musical, Fame.
The main college production of 2010 centres on the lives, loves, hopes and dreams of students at the New York Academy of Performing Arts.
Performing Arts lecturer and the musical director, Alie Byrne, said: "The Main College Production is the biggest production of the year. Fame is open to all students at Braintree College who are interested in performing arts, though the majority of the cast are studying the BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts.
"Some 33 first and second year students will be performing, together with musicians, and our music technology and production arts students will be working on the sound, lighting and staging.
"Rehearsals started in early October and it is a busy schedule for the students as they also perform in assessed acting, dance and singing showcases throughout the term and have to complete course assignments. The rehearsals are going well and the students are enjoying the dynamic dance choreography and dramatic theatre of the contemporary storyline."
Due to the popularity of the production, the college has added an extra date. There will now be performances on Wednesday 27, Thursday 28, Friday 29 and Saturday 30 January, at the Church Lane campus.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
For tickets - priced �10 adults and �6 concessions - and for information about the show contact Tracey Hunt on 01376 321711 ext. 2155, e-mail Stuart Cooper at email@example.com or purchase tickets at the box office in Braintree College's main entrance from Monday January 18.