Book sale raises cash for Felsted's playing field project
A SECOND-HAND book sale in Felsted raised over �1000 towards the village s playing field project. Some 5000 books were gathered to be sold at the event, which was hosted by Felsted United Reformed Church and attracted more than 300 visitors. Church member
A SECOND-HAND book sale in Felsted raised over �1000 towards the village's playing field project.
Some 5000 books were gathered to be sold at the event, which was hosted by Felsted United Reformed Church and attracted more than 300 visitors.
Church members and other friends put in many hours of hard work to make sure the sale ran smoothly. A small team from the church also provided teas and coffees for the customers.
After the sale organiser David Gregory said that the support it received, either by the donations of books or the number of customers that came through the door, was further evidence of the support there is in Felsted for the planned developments on the playing field.
You may also want to watch:
The development will see the playing fields turned into football pitches, children's play area, multi-use games area, teen shelter, pavilion and car park.
So far over �100,000 has been raised towards the project as a whole, but the focus is now on finding �90,000 to replace the children's playground.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease