Book has the right ingredients
FOR those of you who are struggling to come up with ideas for what to cook the descending hordes this yuletide, divine inspiration may be here to save you. Heavenly Feasts is the title of a cookery book published by the Friends of Essex Churches to raise
FOR those of you who are struggling to come up with ideas for what to cook the descending hordes this yuletide, divine inspiration may be here to save you.
Heavenly Feasts is the title of a cookery book published by the Friends of Essex Churches to raise funds to preserve the county's religious buildings.
Diana Thompson, FoEC events committee member, said: "It's full of recipes we've collected from across the county.
"There's a mixture of traditional and more dishes, and the forward has been written by Jamie Oliver's parents Sally and Trevor."
A flick through the pages shows a mouth watering variety of dishes that would grace any dinner table.
Thomas McMahon, the Bishop of Brentwood, has donated his recipe for Chicken Liver Pate and Alice MacLaren's teriyaki salmon with chilli and mint sauce looks so simple, you could cook a meal for 12 people in under 30 minutes.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
- 6 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 7 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
It is Harriet Pratt's submission that most people will want a copy of this book. For years she has kept the recipe for her Sheepcotes Cookies a closely guarded secret.
Copies of Heavenly Feasts are available from May and Brett and Sweetlands Butchers of High Street and Stortford Road.