Book has the right ingredients
FOR those of you who are struggling to come up with ideas for what to cook the descending hordes this yuletide, divine inspiration may be here to save you. Heavenly Feasts is the title of a cookery book published by the Friends of Essex Churches to raise
FOR those of you who are struggling to come up with ideas for what to cook the descending hordes this yuletide, divine inspiration may be here to save you.
Heavenly Feasts is the title of a cookery book published by the Friends of Essex Churches to raise funds to preserve the county's religious buildings.
Diana Thompson, FoEC events committee member, said: "It's full of recipes we've collected from across the county.
"There's a mixture of traditional and more dishes, and the forward has been written by Jamie Oliver's parents Sally and Trevor."
You may also want to watch:
A flick through the pages shows a mouth watering variety of dishes that would grace any dinner table.
Thomas McMahon, the Bishop of Brentwood, has donated his recipe for Chicken Liver Pate and Alice MacLaren's teriyaki salmon with chilli and mint sauce looks so simple, you could cook a meal for 12 people in under 30 minutes.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
It is Harriet Pratt's submission that most people will want a copy of this book. For years she has kept the recipe for her Sheepcotes Cookies a closely guarded secret.
Copies of Heavenly Feasts are available from May and Brett and Sweetlands Butchers of High Street and Stortford Road.