Book has the right ingredients
FOR those of you who are struggling to come up with ideas for what to cook the descending hordes this yuletide, divine inspiration may be here to save you. Heavenly Feasts is the title of a cookery book published by the Friends of Essex Churches to raise
FOR those of you who are struggling to come up with ideas for what to cook the descending hordes this yuletide, divine inspiration may be here to save you.
Heavenly Feasts is the title of a cookery book published by the Friends of Essex Churches to raise funds to preserve the county's religious buildings.
Diana Thompson, FoEC events committee member, said: "It's full of recipes we've collected from across the county.
"There's a mixture of traditional and more dishes, and the forward has been written by Jamie Oliver's parents Sally and Trevor."
You may also want to watch:
A flick through the pages shows a mouth watering variety of dishes that would grace any dinner table.
Thomas McMahon, the Bishop of Brentwood, has donated his recipe for Chicken Liver Pate and Alice MacLaren's teriyaki salmon with chilli and mint sauce looks so simple, you could cook a meal for 12 people in under 30 minutes.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
It is Harriet Pratt's submission that most people will want a copy of this book. For years she has kept the recipe for her Sheepcotes Cookies a closely guarded secret.
Copies of Heavenly Feasts are available from May and Brett and Sweetlands Butchers of High Street and Stortford Road.