Bonnie and Clyde-style theft in Essex market town
DUNMOW could have its very own Bonnie and Clyde crime duo after two thieves used the art of distraction to snare a purse from inside a car parked outside Tesco s. In broad daylight at around noon on Wednesday (January 20), the two con artists worked toget
DUNMOW could have its very own Bonnie and Clyde crime duo after two thieves used the art of distraction to snare a purse from inside a car parked outside Tesco's.
In broad daylight at around noon on Wednesday (January 20), the two con artists worked together - one asking the female victim for directions and the other stealing the purse from the front seat whilst the woman's back was turned.
The pair got away with �40 in cash and a credit card, which they then later used to withdraw �300 from a cash machine.
Police said that the suspects were driving a silver Mercedes, and are described as a white man probably aged in his late 30s, with dark hair; and a white woman, probably aged in her late 30s, with bleached blond hair in a ponytail.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone with information about this crime to contact officers at Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced