Bonnie and Clyde-style theft in Essex market town
DUNMOW could have its very own Bonnie and Clyde crime duo after two thieves used the art of distraction to snare a purse from inside a car parked outside Tesco s. In broad daylight at around noon on Wednesday (January 20), the two con artists worked toget
DUNMOW could have its very own Bonnie and Clyde crime duo after two thieves used the art of distraction to snare a purse from inside a car parked outside Tesco's.
In broad daylight at around noon on Wednesday (January 20), the two con artists worked together - one asking the female victim for directions and the other stealing the purse from the front seat whilst the woman's back was turned.
The pair got away with �40 in cash and a credit card, which they then later used to withdraw �300 from a cash machine.
Police said that the suspects were driving a silver Mercedes, and are described as a white man probably aged in his late 30s, with dark hair; and a white woman, probably aged in her late 30s, with bleached blond hair in a ponytail.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone with information about this crime to contact officers at Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 8 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5