Bonnie and Clyde-style theft in Essex market town
DUNMOW could have its very own Bonnie and Clyde crime duo after two thieves used the art of distraction to snare a purse from inside a car parked outside Tesco s. In broad daylight at around noon on Wednesday (January 20), the two con artists worked toget
DUNMOW could have its very own Bonnie and Clyde crime duo after two thieves used the art of distraction to snare a purse from inside a car parked outside Tesco's.
In broad daylight at around noon on Wednesday (January 20), the two con artists worked together - one asking the female victim for directions and the other stealing the purse from the front seat whilst the woman's back was turned.
The pair got away with �40 in cash and a credit card, which they then later used to withdraw �300 from a cash machine.
Police said that the suspects were driving a silver Mercedes, and are described as a white man probably aged in his late 30s, with dark hair; and a white woman, probably aged in her late 30s, with bleached blond hair in a ponytail.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone with information about this crime to contact officers at Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex