Bond evening is a licence to raise funds!
STUDENTS embarking on a trek across South America have come up with another novel plan to raise vital funds – a James Bond themed casino evening, complete with the secret agent s Aston Martin DB9 car. Each of the 13 teenagers from Helena Romanes sixth for
STUDENTS embarking on a trek across South America have come up with another novel plan to raise vital funds - a James Bond themed casino evening, complete with the secret agent's Aston Martin DB9 car.
Each of the 13 teenagers from Helena Romanes sixth form need �4000 to enable them to travel out to indigenous communities in Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands to help conserve the environment they live in.
Trip leader Kimberly Cross explained that the money raised on the James Bond evening will go towards the life-changing trip.
"The dress code is a black tie dress evening, so everyone needs to get those glad rags out," she added. "An Aston Martin DB9 will be at the event so guests have an opportunity to have pictures taken in it.
You may also want to watch:
"There are many top prizes to be won, such as a meal for two in Dish. And an auction will also be held with items such as a holiday home in Spain for a week, lessons from a top chef, holistic massages and many more."
There will be a licensed bar throughout the evening, a finger buffet and also plenty of games to challenge even the most experienced casino user.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Mrs Cross added: "No one should worry as the rules will be fully explained on the evening. The students are already really excited about this unique event and are looking forward to seeing everyone there."
A previous fashion show, organised and conducted by the same group, was a barnstorming success and raised over �1000. The students have also been out bag packing in Tesco Great Dunmow.
The James Bond evening is being held at the school on Friday June 5 at 7.30pm with prizes drawn at 10pm. Tickets are priced at �10 and include entry, chips, food and one drink.
Call the school on 01371 872560 for more details.