Birth of new NCT club
DUNMOW and District National Childbirth Trust is offering all expectant parents the chance to gain information on their choices during pregnancy, labour and birth while meeting other local mums and dads to be. The Pudding Club is a new event being held on
DUNMOW and District National Childbirth Trust is offering all expectant parents the chance to gain information on their choices during pregnancy, labour and birth while meeting other local mums and dads to be.
The Pudding Club is a new event being held on the last Wednesday evening of every month during 2010, starting on January 27 from 7.45pm to 9.45pm at St Mary's Room, Great Dunmow.
This is an information and social drop-in evening for expectant parents which includes the following:
* A short information session on a 'hot topic' each month- January's hot topic is Choosing Where to Give Birth.
* Free Information Leaflets available on a variety of topics.
* Free Bumps & Babies Magazine available.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 8 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
* Question & Answer sessions with the hosting antenatal teachers on any topic.
All expectant parents are welcome to attend this event regardless of age; ethnicity; religion or sexual orientation.
Refreshments will be provided including a featured pudding of the month included in the admission fee of �2 per adult. Anyone interested in finding out more about The Pudding Club should call Lou on 01371 821171 or Victoria on 01371 820408. Alternatively visit Dunmow & District branch web pages at www.nct.org.uk/dunmow
In addition to their new Pudding Club information evening, Dunmow and District branch is also now running regular antenatal classes in the Great Dunmow area. Classes are available in a variety of different formats including special one day workshops focussing on physical skills for expectant parents to use during labour including massage and breathing; using birth balls and Mexican Rebozo techniques.
Concessions are available to expectant parents on low incomes for antenatal classes and workshops, for details of local antenatal classes and to reserve a place parents should visit the antenatal class page on Dunmow and District branch web pages.