Birth of new NCT club
DUNMOW and District National Childbirth Trust is offering all expectant parents the chance to gain information on their choices during pregnancy, labour and birth while meeting other local mums and dads to be. The Pudding Club is a new event being held on
DUNMOW and District National Childbirth Trust is offering all expectant parents the chance to gain information on their choices during pregnancy, labour and birth while meeting other local mums and dads to be.
The Pudding Club is a new event being held on the last Wednesday evening of every month during 2010, starting on January 27 from 7.45pm to 9.45pm at St Mary's Room, Great Dunmow.
This is an information and social drop-in evening for expectant parents which includes the following:
* A short information session on a 'hot topic' each month- January's hot topic is Choosing Where to Give Birth.
You may also want to watch:
* Free Information Leaflets available on a variety of topics.
* Free Bumps & Babies Magazine available.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
* Question & Answer sessions with the hosting antenatal teachers on any topic.
All expectant parents are welcome to attend this event regardless of age; ethnicity; religion or sexual orientation.
Refreshments will be provided including a featured pudding of the month included in the admission fee of �2 per adult. Anyone interested in finding out more about The Pudding Club should call Lou on 01371 821171 or Victoria on 01371 820408. Alternatively visit Dunmow & District branch web pages at www.nct.org.uk/dunmow
In addition to their new Pudding Club information evening, Dunmow and District branch is also now running regular antenatal classes in the Great Dunmow area. Classes are available in a variety of different formats including special one day workshops focussing on physical skills for expectant parents to use during labour including massage and breathing; using birth balls and Mexican Rebozo techniques.
Concessions are available to expectant parents on low incomes for antenatal classes and workshops, for details of local antenatal classes and to reserve a place parents should visit the antenatal class page on Dunmow and District branch web pages.