Birth of new NCT club
DUNMOW and District National Childbirth Trust is offering all expectant parents the chance to gain information on their choices during pregnancy, labour and birth while meeting other local mums and dads to be. The Pudding Club is a new event being held on
DUNMOW and District National Childbirth Trust is offering all expectant parents the chance to gain information on their choices during pregnancy, labour and birth while meeting other local mums and dads to be.
The Pudding Club is a new event being held on the last Wednesday evening of every month during 2010, starting on January 27 from 7.45pm to 9.45pm at St Mary's Room, Great Dunmow.
This is an information and social drop-in evening for expectant parents which includes the following:
* A short information session on a 'hot topic' each month- January's hot topic is Choosing Where to Give Birth.
You may also want to watch:
* Free Information Leaflets available on a variety of topics.
* Free Bumps & Babies Magazine available.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 3 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 4 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 7 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 8 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 9 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
* Question & Answer sessions with the hosting antenatal teachers on any topic.
All expectant parents are welcome to attend this event regardless of age; ethnicity; religion or sexual orientation.
Refreshments will be provided including a featured pudding of the month included in the admission fee of �2 per adult. Anyone interested in finding out more about The Pudding Club should call Lou on 01371 821171 or Victoria on 01371 820408. Alternatively visit Dunmow & District branch web pages at www.nct.org.uk/dunmow
In addition to their new Pudding Club information evening, Dunmow and District branch is also now running regular antenatal classes in the Great Dunmow area. Classes are available in a variety of different formats including special one day workshops focussing on physical skills for expectant parents to use during labour including massage and breathing; using birth balls and Mexican Rebozo techniques.
Concessions are available to expectant parents on low incomes for antenatal classes and workshops, for details of local antenatal classes and to reserve a place parents should visit the antenatal class page on Dunmow and District branch web pages.