Library event is a Big Draw for families in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 people took part in the eighth annual Dunmow Big Draw on October 13.
Artists Kiran Chahal and Tom Downing as well as Dunmow Knitting Group members invited families to take part in drawing and craft activities at Dunmow library.
Tom brought a cardboard model of the library, which was big enough to fit a child inside, and knitting group members showed parents and children how to make wool pom poms.
The young ones tracked down buttons in High Street shops, which they used for card decorating
Kiran also showed the budding artists how to use spray-paints for the cards.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser of the Big Draw Day, Catherine Mummery said: “It was wonderful to see people of all ages enjoying the activities including adding to our jigsaw featuring drawings of favourite childhood games. This event would not have been possible without the help of the library staff.”
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted