Library event is a Big Draw for families in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 people took part in the eighth annual Dunmow Big Draw on October 13.
Artists Kiran Chahal and Tom Downing as well as Dunmow Knitting Group members invited families to take part in drawing and craft activities at Dunmow library.
Tom brought a cardboard model of the library, which was big enough to fit a child inside, and knitting group members showed parents and children how to make wool pom poms.
The young ones tracked down buttons in High Street shops, which they used for card decorating
Kiran also showed the budding artists how to use spray-paints for the cards.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser of the Big Draw Day, Catherine Mummery said: “It was wonderful to see people of all ages enjoying the activities including adding to our jigsaw featuring drawings of favourite childhood games. This event would not have been possible without the help of the library staff.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?