Bedroom blaze causes smoke damage

A BEDROOM blaze caused a large amount of smoke damage at a house in Rayne on Sunday night. Two crews of firefighters from Braintree were called to tackle the fire at a house in The Street at around 7.30pm. It took the crew just half an hour to extinguish

A BEDROOM blaze caused a large amount of smoke damage at a house in Rayne on Sunday night.

Two crews of firefighters from Braintree were called to tackle the fire at a house in The Street at around 7.30pm.

It took the crew just half an hour to extinguish the flames which had already been confined to the one room before their arrival.

Fire officers investigating the scene are still looking for clues to ascertain how the fire may have started.


You may also want to watch:


No one was reported hurt, but over 50 per cent of the house was damaged by smoke.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus