Become a star in theatre
YOUNGSTERS who feel they are destined for thespian stardom would do well to take the first step by joining the Chelmsford Civic Youth Theatre in February. The New Year heralds the launch of a new youth theatre, which will run every Monday during term time
YOUNGSTERS who feel they are destined for thespian stardom would do well to take the first step by joining the Chelmsford Civic Youth Theatre in February.
The New Year heralds the launch of a new youth theatre, which will run every Monday during term time and provide opportunities for young people to develop their acting skills and creative potential through participation in varied and exciting performing arts.
Emma Finlayson, senior arts development officer for Chelmsford Borough Council, has been closely involved with the new youth theatre project.
She said: "The Youth Theatre will work on a number of exciting activities and projects which will include script-based work leading to a production at the Cramphorn Theatre."
As well as putting together performances and improving general acting skills, theatre professionals will provide workshops concentrating on specific techniques, devised and improvised work.
The course will include occasional half-term sessions and workshops and trips to the theatre, as well as participation in the National Association of Youth Theatre's Big Festival Weekend in July 2008.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
The course, which costs £45 per term and begins on February 8, is open to anyone aged between 12 and 21.
For more information visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/youththeatre