Become a star in theatre
YOUNGSTERS who feel they are destined for thespian stardom would do well to take the first step by joining the Chelmsford Civic Youth Theatre in February. The New Year heralds the launch of a new youth theatre, which will run every Monday during term time
YOUNGSTERS who feel they are destined for thespian stardom would do well to take the first step by joining the Chelmsford Civic Youth Theatre in February.
The New Year heralds the launch of a new youth theatre, which will run every Monday during term time and provide opportunities for young people to develop their acting skills and creative potential through participation in varied and exciting performing arts.
Emma Finlayson, senior arts development officer for Chelmsford Borough Council, has been closely involved with the new youth theatre project.
She said: "The Youth Theatre will work on a number of exciting activities and projects which will include script-based work leading to a production at the Cramphorn Theatre."
You may also want to watch:
As well as putting together performances and improving general acting skills, theatre professionals will provide workshops concentrating on specific techniques, devised and improvised work.
The course will include occasional half-term sessions and workshops and trips to the theatre, as well as participation in the National Association of Youth Theatre's Big Festival Weekend in July 2008.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
The course, which costs £45 per term and begins on February 8, is open to anyone aged between 12 and 21.
For more information visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/youththeatre