BBC Radio 2 presenter Chris Evans to open school fete
ALWAYS loud, sometimes obnoxious, but very ginger – Stebbing Primary School is set to welcome a face that is familiar to millions this weekend.
BBC Radio Two presenter and Channel 4’s Big Breakfast creator Chris Evans is coming to open the school’s annual fete on Saturday (July 9).
A delighted headteacher Karen Wallace revealed the news this week to the Dunmow Broadcast and announced that Mr Evans is keen on playing his part for the day and will be around to meet people and sign autographs.
She added: “We are thrilled that Chris has given up his time to come and support the school. He is a lovely man and it is very generous of him to help us in this way.”
The school is raising money to help fund the children’s activities within the school and help with the transport costs for the annual school trip.
You may also want to watch:
The fete will have a host of exciting activities, including a BBQ, a bar, cake stalls, bouncy castles, a disco and craft stalls.
Stebbing looks forward to welcoming its many visitors and free parking will be available.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision