BBC Radio 2 presenter Chris Evans to open school fete
ALWAYS loud, sometimes obnoxious, but very ginger – Stebbing Primary School is set to welcome a face that is familiar to millions this weekend.
BBC Radio Two presenter and Channel 4’s Big Breakfast creator Chris Evans is coming to open the school’s annual fete on Saturday (July 9).
A delighted headteacher Karen Wallace revealed the news this week to the Dunmow Broadcast and announced that Mr Evans is keen on playing his part for the day and will be around to meet people and sign autographs.
She added: “We are thrilled that Chris has given up his time to come and support the school. He is a lovely man and it is very generous of him to help us in this way.”
The school is raising money to help fund the children’s activities within the school and help with the transport costs for the annual school trip.
You may also want to watch:
The fete will have a host of exciting activities, including a BBQ, a bar, cake stalls, bouncy castles, a disco and craft stalls.
Stebbing looks forward to welcoming its many visitors and free parking will be available.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear