BBC Look East presenter Amelia Reynolds reveals cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Nick Butcher
BBC Look East presenter Amelia Reynolds has praised NHS staff after revealing she was diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year.
Mrs Reynolds revealed she was diagnosed with the condition in May and has since undergone chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
She said she received scan results back this week, which found the tumour had "gone".
Mrs Reynolds, who grew up in Suffolk and went to school in the county, praised the "wonderful" staff at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, as well as her family, friends and colleagues.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the presenter said: "During the past months I have not been on the telly and many of you have kindly been asking where I've been.
"I was diagnosed with a type of bowel cancer at the beginning of May and have undergone a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
"This week I got my scan results and they show the best possible outcome. The tumour has gone.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
"Of course there will be many more scans and check ups to come, but I'm so grateful to the wonderful team at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, my amazing husband and family, my dear friends and terrific colleagues.
"To all of you who have just had a diagnosis, who are going through treatment or who are starting the process of recovery I am thinking of you."
After graduating from the University of Exeter, Mrs Reynolds joined Look East, initially as a researcher, in 2000.
She is married to David Whiteley, who is co-presenter of ITV News Anglia alongside Becky Jago, and has two children.
Mrs Reynolds made her first appearance back on Look East after her absence on November 5.