Stansted Airport hotel incident not being treated as terror-related
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been arrested after a car crashed into a hotel near Stansted Airport before a person went inside and caused damage.
The vehicle crashed into a bollard in Bassingbourn Road shortly after 11pm on Thursday, November 19.
A man is then alleged to have left the car and entered the Hampton Hotel, before causing damage inside.
Officers from Essex Police quickly arrived at the scene and arrested a 39-year-old man on suspicion of causing criminal damage.
No-one suffered any injuries as a result of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police confirmed the force is not treating the events as terror-related.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents