Stansted Airport hotel incident not being treated as terror-related
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been arrested after a car crashed into a hotel near Stansted Airport before a person went inside and caused damage.
The vehicle crashed into a bollard in Bassingbourn Road shortly after 11pm on Thursday, November 19.
A man is then alleged to have left the car and entered the Hampton Hotel, before causing damage inside.
Officers from Essex Police quickly arrived at the scene and arrested a 39-year-old man on suspicion of causing criminal damage.
No-one suffered any injuries as a result of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police confirmed the force is not treating the events as terror-related.
- 1 District councillor resigns from R4U
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Japan-inspired album launched from a fantasy home in Dunmow
- 4 Exhibition encourages visitors to touch the sculptures
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
- 9 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome