Barn dance raises cash for church funds
AROUND 150 people cut some interesting shapes on the dance floor at a fundraising barn dance in Great Dunmow. A mixture of country and Scottish country dancing music was expertly laid on by talented band, the Most Unexpected Band, while visitors were give
AROUND 150 people cut some interesting shapes on the dance floor at a fundraising barn dance in Great Dunmow.
A mixture of country and Scottish country dancing music was expertly laid on by talented band, the Most Unexpected Band, while visitors were given instruction on each dance routine.
Co-organiser, Patrick Whittick, said: "It was a fantastic evening. Those who attended all thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the band was superb. If we run the event again we will definitely try to get them in again."
He added: "We would like to express our thanks to all the people who helped out on the evening."
The event, held at Foakes Hall, was organised to raise much needed cash for St Mary's Church.
And it proved a success with just under �1400 topping up church funds.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 3 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 4 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 5 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 10 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
"The upkeep of the church is expensive so we are always trying to keep the money coming in," said Mr Whittick. "The money from the barn dance will go towards the various things that need to be done around the church.