Barn dance raises cash for church funds
AROUND 150 people cut some interesting shapes on the dance floor at a fundraising barn dance in Great Dunmow. A mixture of country and Scottish country dancing music was expertly laid on by talented band, the Most Unexpected Band, while visitors were give
AROUND 150 people cut some interesting shapes on the dance floor at a fundraising barn dance in Great Dunmow.
A mixture of country and Scottish country dancing music was expertly laid on by talented band, the Most Unexpected Band, while visitors were given instruction on each dance routine.
Co-organiser, Patrick Whittick, said: "It was a fantastic evening. Those who attended all thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the band was superb. If we run the event again we will definitely try to get them in again."
He added: "We would like to express our thanks to all the people who helped out on the evening."
You may also want to watch:
The event, held at Foakes Hall, was organised to raise much needed cash for St Mary's Church.
And it proved a success with just under �1400 topping up church funds.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 3 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 4 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 8 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
"The upkeep of the church is expensive so we are always trying to keep the money coming in," said Mr Whittick. "The money from the barn dance will go towards the various things that need to be done around the church.