Barking Mad Jumble Sale at Hatfield Broad Oak
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Mad Jumble Sale will be held at Hatfield Broad Oak Village Hall for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People on February 18.
To keep up the the doggy theme, sizzling hot dogs will be on sale with tea and cakes.
The charity trains hearing dogs to alert deaf people to household sounds and danger signals such as the doorbell, alarm clock and smoke alarm.
The hearing dog also provides practical assistance, giving a life-changing level of independence, confidence and companionship, helping reduce the feelings of stress, isolation, loneliness and sometimes even depression that deafness can bring, thereby significantly improving health and wellbeing.
This event has received a donation of bangersandcash from the sausage makers, Debbie and Andrew who have supplied the sausages for free and donated £100 and are helping to promote the event.
You may also want to watch:
2pm to 4pm. Entry 50p. Free coffee or tea for the first 50 people. Parking nearby.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down