Barking Mad Jumble Sale at Hatfield Broad Oak
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Mad Jumble Sale will be held at Hatfield Broad Oak Village Hall for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People on February 18.
To keep up the the doggy theme, sizzling hot dogs will be on sale with tea and cakes.
The charity trains hearing dogs to alert deaf people to household sounds and danger signals such as the doorbell, alarm clock and smoke alarm.
The hearing dog also provides practical assistance, giving a life-changing level of independence, confidence and companionship, helping reduce the feelings of stress, isolation, loneliness and sometimes even depression that deafness can bring, thereby significantly improving health and wellbeing.
This event has received a donation of bangersandcash from the sausage makers, Debbie and Andrew who have supplied the sausages for free and donated £100 and are helping to promote the event.
You may also want to watch:
2pm to 4pm. Entry 50p. Free coffee or tea for the first 50 people. Parking nearby.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 5 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement