Barking Mad Jumble Sale at Hatfield Broad Oak
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Mad Jumble Sale will be held at Hatfield Broad Oak Village Hall for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People on February 18.
To keep up the the doggy theme, sizzling hot dogs will be on sale with tea and cakes.
The charity trains hearing dogs to alert deaf people to household sounds and danger signals such as the doorbell, alarm clock and smoke alarm.
The hearing dog also provides practical assistance, giving a life-changing level of independence, confidence and companionship, helping reduce the feelings of stress, isolation, loneliness and sometimes even depression that deafness can bring, thereby significantly improving health and wellbeing.
This event has received a donation of bangersandcash from the sausage makers, Debbie and Andrew who have supplied the sausages for free and donated £100 and are helping to promote the event.
You may also want to watch:
2pm to 4pm. Entry 50p. Free coffee or tea for the first 50 people. Parking nearby.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze