Bands set to be plugged in again
THE usually tranquil acoustic sounds of High Barn will be vanquished next week as three top local bands play the regular rocky Re-Plugged night. On April 10, Minus IQ, Hope and Social and Rubylux will be rocking up to the Great Bardfield venue for a night
THE usually tranquil acoustic sounds of High Barn will be vanquished next week as three top local bands play the regular rocky Re-Plugged night.
On April 10, Minus IQ, Hope and Social and Rubylux will be rocking up to the Great Bardfield venue for a night filled with bright new talent.
Hailing from North London, Minus IQ are hitting the UK hard with their unique brand of dangerously-catchy, stadium-sized electronic rock.
With 200-plus gigs under their belt, they continue to enthral audiences with a live experience laden with infectious energy that is definitely not to be missed.
Since forming, Hope and Social have recorded and released their debut EP and finished an album and played key dates around the UK including headline sets at the Barfly and Water Rats in London. Their current EP received some fantastic reviews and they will be playing Glastonbury later this year.
Rubylux have a vast array of influences and have set their sights on making their own mark on the music scene. As dedicated songwriters they value a pop hook, strong melody and big chorus leaving the impression of longevity with everyone that hears them.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
With a new live show, many new songs and studio time in the pipeline, sights have been firmly set ahead and expectations high.
Tickets for the Re-Plugged night are on sale now, priced at �8. Visit www.high-barn.com or call 01371 811291 for more information. High Barn is located on Braintree Road on the outskirts of Great Bardfield.
Visit http://www.myspace.com/minusiq, http://www.myspace.com/hopeandsocial or www.myspace.com/rubylux to find out more on the featured bands.