Bands create a storm at school rock show
SUNSHINE, sweets and rock and roll, were on offer at the Helena Romanes H2006 Barbecue and Rock Concert last Saturday. H2006 – a play on the national festival V2006 – was organised by the parent teacher association, Friends of Helena Romanes School an
SUNSHINE, sweets and rock and roll, were on offer at the Helena Romanes 'H2006' Barbecue and Rock Concert last Saturday.
H2006 - a play on the national festival V2006 - was organised by the parent teacher association, 'Friends of Helena Romanes School' and more than 100 people attended the event, held as a thank you to the children for all their hard work and fund-raising.
Claire Morton, a member of the Friends of Helena Romanes School, said: "Last year we held a fete, which didn't go down too well.
"A lot of children thought they were too old and didn't come along, so this year we asked the kids what they would like."
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of the children were in bands but had nowhere to play to their fans. So we came up with the idea of our very own rock concert, V2006 but on a much smaller scale!"
The group hired a Monster-Box bus, a double decker bus, with a fully equipped stage.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
The concert was also held as a double celebration for Helena Romanes, as it has been granted specialist school status in humanities.
It is now the only school in the Uttlesford area and one of only five schools in the country to have successfully achieved this particular status.