Bands create a storm at school rock show
SUNSHINE, sweets and rock and roll, were on offer at the Helena Romanes H2006 Barbecue and Rock Concert last Saturday. H2006 – a play on the national festival V2006 – was organised by the parent teacher association, Friends of Helena Romanes School an
SUNSHINE, sweets and rock and roll, were on offer at the Helena Romanes 'H2006' Barbecue and Rock Concert last Saturday.
H2006 - a play on the national festival V2006 - was organised by the parent teacher association, 'Friends of Helena Romanes School' and more than 100 people attended the event, held as a thank you to the children for all their hard work and fund-raising.
Claire Morton, a member of the Friends of Helena Romanes School, said: "Last year we held a fete, which didn't go down too well.
"A lot of children thought they were too old and didn't come along, so this year we asked the kids what they would like."
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of the children were in bands but had nowhere to play to their fans. So we came up with the idea of our very own rock concert, V2006 but on a much smaller scale!"
The group hired a Monster-Box bus, a double decker bus, with a fully equipped stage.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
The concert was also held as a double celebration for Helena Romanes, as it has been granted specialist school status in humanities.
It is now the only school in the Uttlesford area and one of only five schools in the country to have successfully achieved this particular status.