Band of snow to pass through Essex until 11am
- Credit: Stansted Airport Chamber of Commerce
Snow has fallen in many parts of Uttlesford after below freezing conditions overnight, with more expected to pass through Essex between 9am and 11am this morning (January 13).
A yellow warning for snow in Essex is in place until Saturday, with yellow warnings for ice and wind also issued by the Met Office for parts of today.
Saffron Walden has seen snow flurries with a light dusting covering other parts of the district.
Flights remain unaffected at Stansted Airport, but the Essex hub is prepared for snow with 200 winter operations staff on standby.
A spokesman said: “Flights were unaffected last night and there are no problems to report this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“I would encourage passengers to allow more time for their journey in getting to the airport.”
Essex Police tweeted that main routes in the county had been gritted but advised caution on the roads and to allow extra time for journeys.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
Have you been affected by snow, or do you have some lovely snow-scene pictures? If so, please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com