Band of snow to pass through Essex until 11am
- Credit: Stansted Airport Chamber of Commerce
Snow has fallen in many parts of Uttlesford after below freezing conditions overnight, with more expected to pass through Essex between 9am and 11am this morning (January 13).
A yellow warning for snow in Essex is in place until Saturday, with yellow warnings for ice and wind also issued by the Met Office for parts of today.
Saffron Walden has seen snow flurries with a light dusting covering other parts of the district.
Flights remain unaffected at Stansted Airport, but the Essex hub is prepared for snow with 200 winter operations staff on standby.
A spokesman said: “Flights were unaffected last night and there are no problems to report this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“I would encourage passengers to allow more time for their journey in getting to the airport.”
Essex Police tweeted that main routes in the county had been gritted but advised caution on the roads and to allow extra time for journeys.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
Have you been affected by snow, or do you have some lovely snow-scene pictures? If so, please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com