Balloon released during fundraising event reaches Germany
A BALLOON launched as part of a charity race in Essex has landed over 500 miles away in Germany.
The balloon was released at the Countess of Warwick Show in Little Easton in August, as part of a fundraising event organised by local estate agent Mullucks Wells.
Each balloon had been marked with a unique identification ticket, which the finder was asked to return. The winning balloon was discovered in Petersdorf, Germany, and belonged to eight-year-old Georgina Blackburn, pictured, from Bishop’s Stortford.
Tim Trembath of Mullucks Wells said: “What an incredible result! We were hoping that our balloons would travel into Europe, so we had the finder’s instructions printed in both French and German.
“But it’s amazing to think that this little balloon managed to travel all the way to eastern Germany from east Anglia!”
You may also want to watch:
Georgina was presented with a teddy bear from Abracadabra Teddy Bears in Saffron Walden and the finder of the balloon in Germany has been sent a bottle of champagne.
The race was organised by Mullucks Wells as part of its fundraising campaign for local charities - and raised �300 for West Essex Mind, the charity nominated by Mullucks Wells’ Dunmow branch.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease