Baby driver Sophia, 16 months, from Thaxted raises £1,700 for horse-riding charity
- Credit: Archant
Baby Sophia Nolan, just 16 months old has raised over £1,700 for charity by riding her Little Tikes car
A toddler of just 16 months old has raised over £1,700 for charity by riding her Little Tikes car.
Sophia Nolan ‘drove’ her toy vehicle through Thaxted to raise money for The Chigwell Riding Trust for Special Needs.
Her mum Danielle said: “We pushed her along on our daily walk. We though we would raise £50 from family and friends. It’s a difficult time with people being furloughed but we raised £1,796 including the Gift Aid. It’s unbelievable.”
Danielle and husband Sean wanted to help the riding charity because Sophie has been riding horses since just before her first birthday.
You may also want to watch:
Danielle said: “It helps with her mobility her core muscles and will help her walk. She sits on the horse with a lady each side holding her on and another leading the horse. That’s had to stop because of the lockdown and the charity isn’t getting any money.
“The money raised will be used to help take care of the horses and keep the doors open until all of those who benefit are able to restart their lessons.
- 1 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 2 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
“Sophia has benefitted greatly from having lessons with the Chigwell Riding Trust and we want to help them anyway we can.”