Awards galore for Dunmow Carnival Queen
- Credit: Archant
A NATIONAL award winning teenager is returning to head Dunmow’s carnival court.
Lucy Bennett, 15, was last year’s carnival queen and in October entered a UK wide competition and became National Carnival Guild queen too.
The schoolgirl, who lives in Felsted, applied to be the town’s queen this year and was selected by the judges for her confidence, poise and personality.
Joining Lucy will be Mia Simmons, 11, a Helena Romanes student and Clarisse Brignull, ten, who attends Dunmow Primary School. Both princesses live in Dunmow.
The trio will represent Dunmow at their first carnival at Braintree on June 8 and then visit other towns across Essex
You may also want to watch:
before Dunmow carnival on September 21 which has a musical theme.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 7 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season