Awards galore for Dunmow Carnival Queen
- Credit: Archant
A NATIONAL award winning teenager is returning to head Dunmow’s carnival court.
Lucy Bennett, 15, was last year’s carnival queen and in October entered a UK wide competition and became National Carnival Guild queen too.
The schoolgirl, who lives in Felsted, applied to be the town’s queen this year and was selected by the judges for her confidence, poise and personality.
Joining Lucy will be Mia Simmons, 11, a Helena Romanes student and Clarisse Brignull, ten, who attends Dunmow Primary School. Both princesses live in Dunmow.
The trio will represent Dunmow at their first carnival at Braintree on June 8 and then visit other towns across Essex
You may also want to watch:
before Dunmow carnival on September 21 which has a musical theme.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses