Award for long-standing police officer
GREAT Dunmow s very own neighbourhood police officer has been recognised for his outstanding long service. PC Neville Hayden will receive a commendation for his efforts in providing 22 years of service to Essex police force. The long service and good cond
GREAT Dunmow's very own neighbourhood police officer has been recognised for his outstanding long service.
PC Neville Hayden will receive a commendation for his efforts in providing 22 years of service to Essex police force.
The long service and good conduct medal will be presented to him at a special evening awards ceremony to be held at Shire Hall in Chelmsford on Wednesday March 26.
The award was originally established as a result of the work police officers during the bombing in the Second World War when King George VI was anxious to show that their devotion to duty should not pass without recognition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers, members of the special constabulary and support staff have been invited to the ceremony when Lord Lieutenant of Essex Lord Petre will present the winners with their medal. He said: "The presentation of this medal is a way of showing appreciation of the officers receiving it, and also their families who have supported them in their work over many years."
Have you benefited from PC Hayden's work over his 10 years in Great Dunmow? Maybe you would like to thank him for his work? E-mail the Broadcast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 3 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 4 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 5 Countess of Warwick's Show set for 2021 return
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
- 9 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 10 Council unveils grounds for High Court challenge in airport row