Award for long-standing police officer
GREAT Dunmow s very own neighbourhood police officer has been recognised for his outstanding long service. PC Neville Hayden will receive a commendation for his efforts in providing 22 years of service to Essex police force. The long service and good cond
GREAT Dunmow's very own neighbourhood police officer has been recognised for his outstanding long service.
PC Neville Hayden will receive a commendation for his efforts in providing 22 years of service to Essex police force.
The long service and good conduct medal will be presented to him at a special evening awards ceremony to be held at Shire Hall in Chelmsford on Wednesday March 26.
The award was originally established as a result of the work police officers during the bombing in the Second World War when King George VI was anxious to show that their devotion to duty should not pass without recognition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers, members of the special constabulary and support staff have been invited to the ceremony when Lord Lieutenant of Essex Lord Petre will present the winners with their medal. He said: "The presentation of this medal is a way of showing appreciation of the officers receiving it, and also their families who have supported them in their work over many years."
Have you benefited from PC Hayden's work over his 10 years in Great Dunmow? Maybe you would like to thank him for his work? E-mail the Broadcast at email@example.com.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing