Audi A3 stolen after car keys swiped in Essex village burglary
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a car key burglary in Bishop’s Stortford in the early hours of Sunday morning (November 28).
Between 1.30am and 8am the suspects gained entry to a property in Little Heath and stole a set of car keys.
They then used the keys to steal and drive away in a silver Audi A3, with a personalised index. The car is valued at around �6000.
DCI Mark Wheeler reminded people to keep their car keys in a safe place.
“It’s good to ensure that you keep your keys somewhere safe and out of sight,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, do not leave cash, bags and wallets lying around. Please keep all accessible doors and window closed and locked.
“If you have uPVC doors, please ensure that you lock the door with the key - just pulling up the handle does not deadlock the door. If you have a garage, please try to lock your vehicle away safely inside it.”
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
Anyone with information about this crime should contact CID at Braintree on 0300 3334444 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.