Audi A3 stolen after car keys swiped in Essex village burglary
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a car key burglary in Bishop’s Stortford in the early hours of Sunday morning (November 28).
Between 1.30am and 8am the suspects gained entry to a property in Little Heath and stole a set of car keys.
They then used the keys to steal and drive away in a silver Audi A3, with a personalised index. The car is valued at around �6000.
DCI Mark Wheeler reminded people to keep their car keys in a safe place.
“It’s good to ensure that you keep your keys somewhere safe and out of sight,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, do not leave cash, bags and wallets lying around. Please keep all accessible doors and window closed and locked.
“If you have uPVC doors, please ensure that you lock the door with the key - just pulling up the handle does not deadlock the door. If you have a garage, please try to lock your vehicle away safely inside it.”
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments
Anyone with information about this crime should contact CID at Braintree on 0300 3334444 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.