Auction to raise lots of cash
STANSTED Airport Business Group is celebrating its anniversary with a charity dinner and auction for the Essex Air Ambulance on June 15 at The Manor of Groves hotel in High Wych. Not only will a secret celebrity guest currently appearing on BBC TV be appe
STANSTED Airport Business Group is celebrating its anniversary with a charity dinner and auction for the Essex Air Ambulance on June 15 at The Manor of Groves hotel in High Wych.
Not only will a secret celebrity guest currently appearing on BBC TV be appearing, but there will also be a very unusual auction lot.
Tony Wright, general manager of the Express by Holiday Inn at Stansted Airport has generously agreed to auction his butler services for a day, in aid of the event.
"The idea came about during a brainstorming session between myself, Tony and Gill Scott, sales manager at the hotel," said organiser Julie Budden.
"Tony made the comment in jest, but it was too good an opportunity to let it go!
"Tony is sure he will raise lots of money for the cause - so come on ladies, get your cheque books out!"
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
Julie added: "We borrowed a Butler's outfit from Sam Bigwood, who is the personal butler at Weston Homes in Takeley.
"I think he saw both the fun and serious aspect of our plan and who was more than happy to help us out."
There are many other luxurious prizes to be won, including a five-star trip to the USA and shares in a racehorse!
Tickets cost £50 each and include a champagne reception and a three course meal with entertainment until midnight.
For tickets e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie on 01279 870064.