Auction to raise lots of cash
STANSTED Airport Business Group is celebrating its anniversary with a charity dinner and auction for the Essex Air Ambulance on June 15 at The Manor of Groves hotel in High Wych. Not only will a secret celebrity guest currently appearing on BBC TV be appe
STANSTED Airport Business Group is celebrating its anniversary with a charity dinner and auction for the Essex Air Ambulance on June 15 at The Manor of Groves hotel in High Wych.
Not only will a secret celebrity guest currently appearing on BBC TV be appearing, but there will also be a very unusual auction lot.
Tony Wright, general manager of the Express by Holiday Inn at Stansted Airport has generously agreed to auction his butler services for a day, in aid of the event.
"The idea came about during a brainstorming session between myself, Tony and Gill Scott, sales manager at the hotel," said organiser Julie Budden.
You may also want to watch:
"Tony made the comment in jest, but it was too good an opportunity to let it go!
"Tony is sure he will raise lots of money for the cause - so come on ladies, get your cheque books out!"
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Julie added: "We borrowed a Butler's outfit from Sam Bigwood, who is the personal butler at Weston Homes in Takeley.
"I think he saw both the fun and serious aspect of our plan and who was more than happy to help us out."
There are many other luxurious prizes to be won, including a five-star trip to the USA and shares in a racehorse!
Tickets cost £50 each and include a champagne reception and a three course meal with entertainment until midnight.
For tickets e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie on 01279 870064.