Art corner: Self-taught artist to showcase work at Dunmow Art Gallery
- Credit: Archant
An entirely self-taught photographer will be showcasing his work at the Dunmow Art Gallery.
Jamie Burroughs work will be exhibited from February 17 until March 8.
His work carries with it with a strong social commentary, highlighting injustice, passing judgement, posing questions across multiple layers and encouraging the mind of the viewer to expand.
He said: “I am a lone voice that speaks in a language defined by creativity’s freedom.
“My work claims internationals heritage with roots in Japan and across Asia and sometimes simply speaks of nothing and highlights that too as something beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“My aim is to capture the philosophy of life, to question, to scrutinise, to bare judgement over.
“To see, to seek, to express, to show the world what it is that circles my being.”
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 3 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 4 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 5 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 8 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 9 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield