Art corner: Self-taught artist to showcase work at Dunmow Art Gallery
- Credit: Archant
An entirely self-taught photographer will be showcasing his work at the Dunmow Art Gallery.
Jamie Burroughs work will be exhibited from February 17 until March 8.
His work carries with it with a strong social commentary, highlighting injustice, passing judgement, posing questions across multiple layers and encouraging the mind of the viewer to expand.
He said: “I am a lone voice that speaks in a language defined by creativity’s freedom.
“My work claims internationals heritage with roots in Japan and across Asia and sometimes simply speaks of nothing and highlights that too as something beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“My aim is to capture the philosophy of life, to question, to scrutinise, to bare judgement over.
“To see, to seek, to express, to show the world what it is that circles my being.”
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze