Art corner: Self-taught artist to showcase work at Dunmow Art Gallery
- Credit: Archant
An entirely self-taught photographer will be showcasing his work at the Dunmow Art Gallery.
Jamie Burroughs work will be exhibited from February 17 until March 8.
His work carries with it with a strong social commentary, highlighting injustice, passing judgement, posing questions across multiple layers and encouraging the mind of the viewer to expand.
He said: “I am a lone voice that speaks in a language defined by creativity’s freedom.
“My work claims internationals heritage with roots in Japan and across Asia and sometimes simply speaks of nothing and highlights that too as something beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“My aim is to capture the philosophy of life, to question, to scrutinise, to bare judgement over.
“To see, to seek, to express, to show the world what it is that circles my being.”
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford