Art corner: Self-taught artist to showcase work at Dunmow Art Gallery
- Credit: Archant
An entirely self-taught photographer will be showcasing his work at the Dunmow Art Gallery.
Jamie Burroughs work will be exhibited from February 17 until March 8.
His work carries with it with a strong social commentary, highlighting injustice, passing judgement, posing questions across multiple layers and encouraging the mind of the viewer to expand.
He said: “I am a lone voice that speaks in a language defined by creativity’s freedom.
“My work claims internationals heritage with roots in Japan and across Asia and sometimes simply speaks of nothing and highlights that too as something beautiful.
“My aim is to capture the philosophy of life, to question, to scrutinise, to bare judgement over.
“To see, to seek, to express, to show the world what it is that circles my being.”
- 1 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?