Art classes offered at Dunmow barn for the first time
- Credit: Archant
A Great Dunmow barn, which sells furniture and decorative arts, is opening its doors to host a series of art and craft classes for the first time.
Mrs Fox, which is based at Braintree Road, will offer class through the spring and summer – from April to the end of September.
The classes, which began on April 19, are geared towards all abilities and ambitions and the teaching staff are all accomplished artists or experienced school and adult teachers.
Jane Fox, owner, said: “The idea is that everyone can feel comfortable attending our classes. From the first time novice who wants to paint occasionally, to the more experienced and obsessive painter.
“I also want to try and use these classes to build people’s general confidence and would like to appeal to young mums who want a few hours to themselves, or older people who perhaps find themselves with some time on their hands.
You may also want to watch:
“But this is not women only, we want men to get involved too.”
For more information about the classes, visit Mrs Fox’s website here.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs