Art classes offered at Dunmow barn for the first time
- Credit: Archant
A Great Dunmow barn, which sells furniture and decorative arts, is opening its doors to host a series of art and craft classes for the first time.
Mrs Fox, which is based at Braintree Road, will offer class through the spring and summer – from April to the end of September.
The classes, which began on April 19, are geared towards all abilities and ambitions and the teaching staff are all accomplished artists or experienced school and adult teachers.
Jane Fox, owner, said: “The idea is that everyone can feel comfortable attending our classes. From the first time novice who wants to paint occasionally, to the more experienced and obsessive painter.
“I also want to try and use these classes to build people’s general confidence and would like to appeal to young mums who want a few hours to themselves, or older people who perhaps find themselves with some time on their hands.
You may also want to watch:
“But this is not women only, we want men to get involved too.”
For more information about the classes, visit Mrs Fox’s website here.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 TSB closes Dunmow branch