'Around the world' for charity
A STANSTED hotel is inviting the local community to travel Around the World in a Day to raise cash for charity on Sunday (June 14). Hilton London Stansted is taking part in a national challenge that will see members of the 70 Hilton hotels nationwide, c
A STANSTED hotel is inviting the local community to travel 'Around the World in a Day' to raise cash for charity on Sunday (June 14).
Hilton London Stansted is taking part in a national challenge that will see members of the 70 Hilton hotels nationwide, charity partners and the public all working together with the collective aim of travelling the circumference of the earth - 24,901.55 miles.
In Stansted participants will take part in the hotel's Team Challenge, which involves clocking up as many miles as possible over a seven-hour period on cardiovascular equipment.
All proceeds raised will be donated to The Newlife Foundation for Disabled Children which provides action and equipment to help disabled and terminally ill children in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Registration packs, including an event t-shirt cost just �5. To register or to find out more call 02076057641 or visit www.hilton-foundation.org.uk
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 4 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 5 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'