Armed robbers steal four-figure sum from Dunmow bookmakers
- Credit: Archant
Two men armed with a knife held up a bookmakers in Dunmow High Street on Saturday night (October 22).
Just after 9.30pm, the two men, both wearing balaclavas and dressed in black, broke into William Hill via a locked front door and threatened the female member of staff inside with a knife.
The men got away with a four-figure sum of cash and left in the direction of North Hill.
The woman employee, aged in her 20s, was left shaken but was not injured in the armed robbery.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen anything suspicious or the men getting into a vehicle nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal