Armed burglars raid flat above Takeley Post Office
- Credit: Archant
A gang of armed men stole jewellery during a raid on a flat in Takeley.
The group of five or six men forced their way into the home, above the Post Office in Dunmow Road, shortly before 9.45pm yesterday, Tuesday, November 28.
The suspects were armed with metal poles and knived.
Gold jewellery was stolen during the incident.
The occupants of the flat – two men and two women – were uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
They have been safeguarded by specialist officers from Essex Police.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Braintree CID on 101.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 7 Enjoy an August Bank Holiday day out at contemporary craft and design fair coming to RHS Garden Hyde Hall
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
Alternatively, you can contact independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at www.crimestoppers-uk.org